Ex-Tempore Piran 2021 |
4th of September, 2021 – 5th of December, 2021 |
Civic Gallery, Piran | Monfort Gallery, Piran
Ex-tempore Piran is an extremely popular art event, recognizable for its competitive character and its more than half a century long tradition. It is attended by academically educated and amateur artists of all generations from Slovenia and other countries, in particular from Slovenia's neighboring countries. Over the years, the event has become indispensable and contributes greatly to the cultural pulse of the tourist town Piran.
Artists can apply for the competition event from August 28th (start of stamping the supports) to September 3rd, when an international expert jury consisting of three members will meet in the early afternoon:
Miran Mohar (Ljubljana), internationally acclaimed artist, member of the IRWIN group and vice-dean of the AVA Academy of Visual Arts in Ljubljana; Nemanja Cvijanović (Rijeka), artist and professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Venice; Corinne Mazzoli (Venice), multimedia artist and academic researcher at the IUAV University of Venice. From the submitted works, the jury will select paintings for the exhibition in both exhibition halls and award several prizes.
This year, once again, our special gratitude goes to the loyal collectors, who have been awarding numerous purchase prizes for years and even decades. We would like to draw attention to the special purchase prize of Cesare Dell'Acqua, which will be awarded by the Consulate General of Italy in Koper at the initiative of the Consul General of Italy in Koper. The award is connected to the 200th anniversary of the birth of the painter Cesare Dell' Acqua, which is being celebrated this year by the Municipality of Piran. The world-renowned artist was born in Piran in 1821, while his artistic and life path led him from Koper to Trieste, Venice, Paris and finally Brussels, where he died in 1905.
Ex-tempore Piran 2021 will be officially concluded on Saturday, September 4th in the evening. The reception for the winners at 19:00 at the Art Hotel Piran will be followed at 20:30 by the announcement of the winners and the awarding of prizes with a dance intervention SEASONS at the Piran City Gallery.
Idea, author and director: Igor Jelen – Iggy
Artistic movement: Igor Sviderski
Choreographers: Tanja Zgonc, Sinja Ožbolt, Igor Sviderski
Costume designers: One Fiction Factory, Zoran Garevski, Tina Kolenik and Iris Kovačič
Music: Antonio Vivaldi: Four Seasons
The event will be held in accordance with the NIJZ (National Institute for Public Health) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 virus (PCT certificate) and in accordance with the Ordinance on Interim Measures to Reduce the Risk of Infection and Spread of Sars-CoV-2 Virus of 13.8. 2021.
Exhibitions: Monfort Portorož Gallery (on view from Saturday, September 4th, to Sunday, December 12th, 2021), Piran City Gallery (on view from Sunday, September 5th, to Sunday, December 12th, 2021).
The international jury of experts selected the artworks for Ex-tempore 2021!
The exhibitions displaying the best pieces will take place in the Civic Gallery of Piran and Monfort Gallery at Portorož, from the 4th of September to the 5th of December 2021.
As in the previous editions, the 56th Ex-tempore continues in line with tradition. The jury, the selection of the artworks, the exhibition setting, the graphic identity and the organization of the event with the opening ceremony want to continue the long-lasting tradition that this characteristic event gained through the years.
Several artists participated this year too: 195 artworks were presented to the Coastal Galleries, and 151 of them were submitted!
The works of art are very varied and differ in theme, technique, and dimension. At the same time, this year’s edition preserved the tradition of setting two different exhibitions, where a selection of wonderfully staged artworks is presented to the public in two different locations, the Civic Gallery of Piran and Monfort Gallery of Portorose.
Due to the epidemy of Covid-19, the events that accompany the official program are restricted to a limited amount of people.
We kindly invite you to follow us on our online profiles and we sincerely thank you for your support.
The team of Ex-tempore and Piran Coastal Galleries
Exhibition at the Civic Gallery of Piran
1. ALEXANDER KRUCHAN, KAMEN REX
2. ANAMARI HRUP, WAITING FOR THE SUN III.
3. ANDREJ SCHLEGEL, JAWS
4. BARBARA CETINA, PLIĆINE
5. CVETO VIDOVIĆ, ROZA ZID
6. DRAGOTIN VLASTO PANIČ, SVETLOBNI PLES
7. DUŠA JESIH, REBUS
8. EMILIJA PODJAVORŠEK, ODSEV
9. FRANE ŠAJN, SLABA VEST
10. GREGOR PRATNEKER, LJUBEZEN NA OBALI
11. HELENA LIPEJ, SLIKANJE OB TARTINIJEVI SONATI VRAŽJI TRILČEK
12. IVAN JEROM, NEMIRNE VODE
13. IVAN KONEC, ZEMLJA, IMAMO PROBLEM!
14. IZTOK BOBIČ, DOTIK
15. JOŽE ŠTERK, SEQUENCE
16. KATJA B. SUDEC, V NEKEM ČAROBNEM KRAJU – PRIMORSKA
17. KLAVDIJA JERŠINOVEC, MORJE, SONCE, SRCE
18. LARA PAPOV, YELLOW BRICK ROAD
19. LONA VERLICH, DREAMING OF BETTER TIMES
20. MAJA CERGOLJ, JEDRO
21. MARGOT SIPPL, CROSSBORDER
22. MARIJA STRNAD, MANDRAČ
23. MARUŠA ŠTIBELJ, LOVE IN TIME OF SADNESS
24. MILOŠ DEKIĆ, 1/4 SNA
25. MIRIAM ELETTRA VACCARI, HOMAGE A KABUL
26. SIMON KASTELIC, UPANJE
27. STNISLAV PETROVIĆ, SENZA TITOLO
28. TALJUB LAPAJNE, TRIBE PIRAN RIBE
29. VALENTINO VIDOTTI, STANZE DELL’ANIMA
30. VLASTA ARZENŠEK GOTTSTEIN, KJE SI ANGEL – SEDAJ?
31. ZORKA SVATINA CIMAN, ALFA, BETA, GAMA, DELTA … OMEGA?
Exhibition at the Monfort Gallery, Portorose
1. ALICE STARAZ, SONČEN POPOLDAN
2. ANAMARIJA OLENIK, SONČNI ZAHOD
3. ANDREJA KRANJEC, PLAVALCA
4. ANDREJA MODRIH ŠVAB, TEMINE DNEVA
5. ANDREJA SRNA, DRUGO MNENJE
6. ANTON MURŠEC, SIMETRIJA NA PRVI POGLED
7. AREN GRABOVAC, PIRANSKE HIŠE
8. BARBARA DEMŠAR, RAJSKI VRT
9. BARBARA HOFMAN, KOPER, 400 LET
10. BRANKA PIRC, PRISTANEK
11. BRANKO GAJŠT, SUHE TRAVE MED OLJKAMI
12. BRINA MARKUN ŽIBERT, KORALNI GREBEN
13. CECILIJA ŽMAHAR, SOLINARJEVA HIŠA
14. DAGMAR BRESCHAN, BUBBLE WRAP PROTECTS THINGS,
HE PROTECTS EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM
15. DAVID LIČEN, SKRIVNOSTNI OTOK
16. DRAGO – LUKA ŠUMNIK, SG – RAZMIŠLJANJE
17. DRAGO KROFL, MORSKA DEKLICA
18. ELSA DELISE, QUANDO IL TEMPO SI FERMA
19. ENEJ CJUHA, TITANIK
20. EVA JERA HANŽEK, JAZ NISEM TA OLJKA, TISTA DRUGA JE VAJINA
21. EVA SCHLITZER, READY FOR PIRAN
22. GALA CJUHA, THE NIGHT SKY
23. GORANKA SUPIN, SOLINE
24. IDA KOCJANČIČ, TARTINIJEVO MESTO
25. IRENA MAJCEN, VPRAŠANJE … PASTORALA?
26 IVAN ŽIBERT, POEZIJA
27. JANEZ KLAVŽAR, 2 HOT 4 YOU
28. JERNEJA SMOLNIKAR, KRHKE VEZI
29. KAROL KUHAR, KAM GRE RDEČA MAČKA
30. KRISTINA ŽNIDARŠIČ, AMANS (LJUBEZEN)
31. LIVIO ZOPPOLATO, PIRANO DELLA MEMORIA
32. LJUBA HAHONINA, LUCIJA
33. LORENZO PALUMBO, PREGHIERA O PENSIERO
34. MARINKA KERSTEIN, RAZLIČNE POTI, RAZLIČNE SMERI
35. MARJAN PREVODNIK, SLOVENIJA, VZAMEMO KAR LAHKO
36. MARTA GAŠPERLIN, OBALNI BISERI
37. MARTINA ŠČULAC, PIRAN
38. MASSIMO CLEMENTE, GRAFFI TRA MARE E TRAMONTO
39. MASSIMO DE ANGELINI, S. T.
40. MATJAŽ BOROVNIČAR, PLASTIC SEA
41. METKA PEPELNAK, MIKRO IN MAKRO KOZMOS
42. MILA BEGOVIĆ, SCYPHOZOA
43. MILENA ROŠTOHAR, ISKALCI
44. MOJCA SEKULIČ FO, FOKUS POTI
45. NIKOLAJ STOJMENOVIĆ, POLETNA NOČ
46. NINA CJUHA, TAMARISKA
47. RASSO CAUSEVIG, MORSKI PEJSAŽ
48. SARA MODRIN, GALEBA
49. SIMON VOVK, WHITE WIND
50. SIMON ZAMAR, RELIKTI OBALNEGA MESTA
51. SLAVICA OPLANIČ, SONATA BLU
52. SUZANA MAROVT, NEBO NAD SOLINAMI
53. TARAS GRABOVAC, PRESENETIL NAS JE VAL
54. TIHANA KARLOVIĆ, BREZ NAZIVA
55. TULIO FANTUZZI – ARTU, CASE E SALINE
56. ULA LEVAC STANČIČ, PORTOROŠKI ZAHOD
57. VALENTINA BRŽAN PLEŠE, TARTINIJEVA LJUBEZEN
58. ŽELJKO VERTELJ, BARKOLANA
59. ŽIVA BASTJANČIČ, AFRODITA – LEPA VIDA